Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I own a 2013 Cadillac xts. The heated seats will pop on

Customer Question

I own a 2013 Cadillac xts. The heated seats will pop on involuntarily and the driver side climate controls become unresponsive. I've done the hard reset protocol numerous times but the hard reset is no longer working, the same thing will happen a few minutes later. Do you have a solution?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Sorry you have waited so long for a tech to respond. I believe I can help if your still in need of assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a solution.

Thanks, ***** ***** a TSB for the rear heated seats coming on un-commanded. The fix for that is a climate control and BCM reprogramming. Have you had your dealer do that to see if it resolves both of your issues? Do you know if there are trouble codes stored?

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The front driver side seat is the only one that comes on by itself, would this still be the fix and how much would you estimate something like this costs?

If in fact programming is all that is needed then a dealer charges about 100$ for that. If its not the concern then we or you or them would need to do diag which is also about 100$. With the codes, I can help you diagnose it.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris