Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

99 cadillac inst lights started blinking on-off engine was loosing power.made it home but engine would not turn over.

Customer Question
could this be battery or...
99 cadillac inst lights started blinking on-off engine was loosing power.made it home but engine would not turn over. could this be battery or alternator ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
6/8/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

….

Yes, that sounds very typical of an alternator, (when it stops charging it messes up all of the electronics in the IP)

Best thing to do is to charge the battery, (fully) enough to get to an Autozone, or other parts store that will check the charging system free of charge.

If you have a volt meter,you can even check it with that. It should charge at least 14.2 volts. If not then most likely the alternator is bad.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,

Jerry, Master Mechanic