Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

My 96 deville standard : My standard 96 deville ac blows

Customer Question
My 96 deville standard JA: Sometimes...
My 96 deville standard
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My standard 96 deville ac blows cold through the defrost but not the dash vents, same with the heating system in the winter
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaking lately?
Customer: 167000 and no leaking that I know of, have to add coolant to the reservoir and oil every once in a while
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: I checked the Hvac solenoid a under the dash, they seam to have good spring pressure but there doesn't seem to be any vacuum to pull the dash vents open for some reason
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
6/9/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Look for any broken or disconnected vacuum lines to any of the actuators under the dash as well as any loose or disconnected electrical connections (as some models have at the actuators as well).If a fault is found it will need corrected to resolve this issue here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician