Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a 2004 Cadillac SRX. I have replaced the A/C line

Customer Question
twice, and now the mechanic...
I have a 2004 Cadillac SRX. I have replaced the A/C line twice, and now the mechanic says I need to replace it again. He said, the way it is engineered, that there is so shock absorbent to stop the line from working loose, so it has to be replaced all the time. This does not sound right to me. WOuld you know why this keeps happening, and if there is a solution?
JA: How is the air flow? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: I assume the mechanic has done that. But there is no cold air.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I was hoping to tell my mechanic what I found out and if he could fix it.
JA: OK! The Cadillac Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: Yes, the windows have a mind of their own. One minute they are working and the next they are not.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
6/8/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 1 year ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

There are several A/C lines on the car so I have no idea which one you are talking abut but that explanation is ridiculous. I would say you are best off cutting your losses and getting it to a different shop. If you let him replace it again its most likely going to do it again if thats the best explanation he can give you. Its either the parts he is using or the way he is installing them. It has nothing to do with the design,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
manifold lines to A/C distribution.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
lines are strapped to body and brackets have rubbed holes in aluminum high pressure side. Is what the mechanic said.

Maybe he didnt have the strap in the right place or something? Perhaps it moved during shipping and he didnt move it back where it belonged before tightening it?

Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner