Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

If I PUSH THE CRUISE CONTROL BUTTON ON THE STEERING WHEEL AS

Customer Question

if I PUSH THE CRUISE CONTROL BUTTON ON THE STEERING WHEEL AS LOG AS I HOLD DOWN THE ORANGE LIGHT COMES ON BUT NO GREEN LIGHT ON DASH AND CRUISE DOES NOT ENGAGE
JA: Have you checked the dashboard control switch? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: What is the dashboard control switch? Where is the fuse
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: it is a 2000 with 42000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like the common fault with the cruise control on/off switch itself if this is the switch you have to hold down.This switch fails internally as well as in some cases the cruise/set switch needing replaced.When these or any of these act up this causes the fault you see here.I suspect at least the on/off switch needs replaced and some come as a complete assembly with the on/off and set/resume buttons.

You will want to have this tested further to verify this is the cause here and from there replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete