Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a service airbag on passenger side and I cannot get

Customer Question
the engine to start JA: Figuring...
I have a service airbag on passenger side and I cannot get the engine to start
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2006 days that was working yesterday. Did not notice this message until today when could not start. Lights come on, battery appears okay but no start and the airbag message appears
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: What is your guidance?
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: Just had the sunroof top replaced due to wabast airstream glass recall. Had unexpected explosion.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
5/30/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 1 year ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** sounds like a voltage problem. When the voltage is low enough the air bag message is one of the first ones you will get. You need to start by having the battery load tested. If the battery is fine then it may have an ignition switch problem. From what you are explaining though it sounds like you have a bad battery. I have also seen the battery cables come loose and cause this. I hope this helps. If you need more help please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. Lights come on but not radio or sunroof won't move. Could there be a bad fuse? If so which one?

Let me double check the schematic. Can you give me the year, make and model

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2006 DTS Cadillac

Thank you. I will check. Have you tested the battery?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Reads 13volts

You need to check the crank fuse and the IGN fuses located in the fuse box under the hood. Also check the connections at the rear fuse in the rear of the vehicle as the connections typically come loose.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician