roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years of retail operations working on all vehicles.
3506196

Have a 1994 cadillac fleetwood and im having a passkey

Customer Question

Hi have a 1994 cadillac fleetwood and im having a passkey problem and its not the ignition i purchased a 50hz bypass and im trying to figure out where to hook it up thanks
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

do you have the key with the resistor you can see and measure???

if you do, there is a small harness that comes out the bottom of the column with 2 thin wires that goes to a connector to the left of the column. follow those wires to the connector. take apart the connector and insert your bypass to the car side of the harness.

by the way, all you had to do was measure the resistance of the key and go to radio shack and get a resistor for under a dollar to bypass.

Roy

Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

are you there

Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts. it costs me personally to aquire the info you need.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea ive all ready done that with the resistors thats not the problem and its a different problem it cranks but dont strat no fuel to injectors
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

ok, have you verified fuel pump is working or getting a command??? it may not be a pass key issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have and its working fine the vats has stopped fuel to injectors im trying to figure out where is the fuel enable wire on my car to hook up the bypass the bypass tells the computer its ok to start not being stolen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
passkey light is on