Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

2005 cadillac sts 3.6l trying to find location of

Customer Question

2005 cadillac sts 3.6l trying to find location of trn/hzd/drl module?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: drl of module not operating correctly,everything is working correctly
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: not much can't locate module
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: oh yeah rear trunk release button not working properly
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.This is the IPM or instrument panel module/body control module.This is located under the dash on the passenger side as shown below. https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8kdvqm72vnmjue/ipm-05-22.gif?dl=0 If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete