Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Cadillac Seville SLS: 2003 cad sls northstar,started car this

Customer Question
2003 cad sls northstar,started car...
2003 cad sls northstar,started car this am ,started to run very rough ,i have replaced the front coil pack aprx 1 year ago and has run well untill this am my code is po300 tested and reset sevral times the differance this time is some type of unusall smell a little smoke very little,and no power . i think the rear coil pack is my problem .. any help thanks russ.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
5/18/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. You're best bet is to have this scanned. All these parts can get very expensive. It can be coils, plugs, injectors or even low compression.Thanks, Ron
rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor