Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

High beams power windows gas guage cig lighter and interior

Customer Question
lights dont wirk on my...
High beams power windows gas guage cig lighter and interior lights dont wirk on my 97 eldorado.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: These occasionally work. Allhappen at same time when u start car continue to work normally until u shut car off then nothing again for weeks
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took it to dealer they changed headlight switch lasted 2 weeks. I checked the circuits at the fuses all hot. Used just answer "expert" his response was did you check fuses? Then no further contact. Cost me 26 bucks. I hope u will do me better
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sent to secure page paid now cannot get access
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/13/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If there is a loose or corroded battery cable at the battery or leading from the battery to the starter or alternator or fuse panels this can cause an intermittent issue like this here.I have also in some cases seen internal electrical faults with the electronic ignition switch itself cause this issue needing replaced.If these have already been tested/checked into and found o.k. let me know so we can continue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello pete , the areas in the fuse box under the hood are hot at the same time that th equip is not working. This i find very strange. They come and go as a package
This is definitely a difficult one for me to answer here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was billed 26 dollars for answer. I only agreed to 5 dollar deposit. Will i be billed for each round of conversatio
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you monitoring progress on an answer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not received a response from anyon concerning my question
Pete, Cadillac Technician