Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Cadillac Escalade Hybrid: i just got a 2010 hybird cadillac

Customer Question

i just got a 2010 hybird cadillac escalade, i am on the interlock progam in wv, and the certified interlock mechanic is telling me today ,that hes not sure if he can put the interlock system on the hybird. i did find out the the gas motor starts the car like a normal car, but now the interlock mechanic told me that the ignition pink wire must get over 13volts when it switches over to the electric motor, does it? any info would be helpful
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If this is a pink wire at the ignition switch this may have around 12 volts but usually not 13.Let me know for sure where he/she is trying to get this 13 volts at so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete