Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Cadillac deville: I have a cadillac deville 2000 when I turn

Customer Question
I have a cadillac deville...
I have a cadillac deville 2000 when I turn key I get no noise no dash lights but my dome light comes on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
5/7/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.I would start first with making sure the battery is fully charged and the connections to it are clean and tight. If the battery check okay then you are going to need to do some testing. See the steps in the link below to do so. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20crank%20Cad%20May%207.pdf
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not the battery I cut the wires to the key fob module could that make it not start and now key won't even turn in ignition and when I tried horn just went off and wouldn't go off had to take battery cable off
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wondering if anti theft system activated or if i need to buy another conecter for key fob module
If the anti theft is not reading the key it will keep it from starting, What ever wire you cut needs to be repaired.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've got got key fob conecter on its way I got another battery and key turns now but still got zero power horn would make little noise but wasn't loud at all
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But now it has no sound either
Are you sure your battery is fully charged and the connections are clean and tight?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Conections seem to be tight I tried jumping it with no luck could it be a bad battery I'll take to auto zone and get it checked
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But what else would cause no power to whole car besides battery
Yes it sure is possible. If the battery has failed it can keep it from taking a charge and you end up with low voltage. I would consider removing it and taking it down to your auto parts store and have it tested. All power to the car comes from the battery.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician