Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2011 srx is stating no remote detected with both

Customer Question
Hello. My 2011 srx...

Hello. My 2011 srx is stating no remote detected with both key fibs present . We can't start the car . Can you assist?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Are you there?

Mechanic's Assistant: No. I'm the Cadillac Mechanic's Assistant.

Can you offer assistance so I can start my car? We are straineded on the side of the road

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes key fob not recognized and car won't stary Start

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?

No need advice to start car with key fob not detectd

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
5/2/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Unfortunately there is not likely an easy solution to this type of problem and in order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Remote%20testing%20May%202.pdf