Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

PCM P0300 currentJA: Sometimes things that you think will

Customer Question
PCM P0300 current JA: Sometimes things...
PCM P0300 current
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2001 dts started suddenly missing really bad and pulled codes and got PCM P0300 current
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yep
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing cant find code
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: IPM B0429 is only other code
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
4/30/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 1 year ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Usually this is a bad coil pack. Does your scan tool have a misfire counter on it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wow they just ripped me off for $26 to begin with..supposed to be $5 one time fee now $26?!!!!
2001 Caddy DTS all the sudden started missing really badly and service engine light came up for pulled a code PCM0300 and IPM B 0429
You must have misread it. The 5 dollars is a deposit on the actual question value of 26 which is charged once you get a reply. Would you like me to forward this to customer service for a refund or continue knowing the cost?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nope not a deposit its already withdrawn 26 dollars from my paypal....and I pulled codes from dash so no misfire counts
Cadillac Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
mike switzer
without a scanner to watch misfire counters it is going to be hard to identify what cylinder(s) are missing. what you can do while the engine is running is unplug one coil at a time to find the one that has the least amount of change when you unplug it. that will tell you what cylinder is being effected.
mike switzer
mike switzer
mike switzer