Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

How do you replace the thermostat on a 1995 Cadillac Eldorado

Customer Question
JA: Sometimes things that you...
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I reach high rates of speed my car overheats and they don't know exactly where the water is going out of my Reserve
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No not myself my husband and he was wondering if it might possibly be a collapsed radiator hose
JA: OK! The Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
4/30/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. *** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE ***** .Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating..They are sometimes bad about the radiators clogging up and causing an overheating. You can have that tested at a radiator shop or feel around the core when the engine is hot to see if there are any cool spots that would indicate a clog..However, with any engine that runs hot, overheats or has been overheated it is best to check the integrity of the engine, (head gaskets and heads, etc.). The first thing that you want to do is check the cooling system for any exhaust gases. Make sure that it’s full first. There is a tester for that, that you can get from Autozone for about $20. They will normally lend you the tester and you just buy the fluid for about $8. It comes with instructions, but there is a blue fluid that is used in it, if the fluid turns yellow, that is exhaust gases. . Block tester available is: Napa BK.(###) ###-#### ***** Tester AUTOZONE Part Number:27145 http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Tools/Block-Tester/_/N-25dh?filterByKeyWord=block+tester&fromString=search .*****You will want to check it at different RPM’s and at different temperatures*** ... If there are any exhaust gases in the cooling system, that will cause more pressure than desired and will allow the engine to burn coolant and/or heat the coolant up too high. Most times not filling the crankcase with coolant either and not smoke out the exhaust. If there are, then there would be an internal engine problem, like a head gasket or head. .Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..
If you would rather try a thermostat first, (which is most likely not the problem) I can get the instructions for it, thanks
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Go f*** yourself
Sorry, I didn't design the Cadillac engine and that really doesn't make sense. Thanks
Jerry, Master Mechanic