Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** n I have a 2000 Cadillac Deville (base)

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** n I have a 2000 Cadillac Deville (base) and my Cadillac won't crank or turn over my radio will not come on my inside button locks won't work key fob won't work to unlock or lock I can't pop my trunk or gas door from the dash n im not seeing the line up under what gear I'm in I put a brand new battery in it n it died in 3days I have that batt. On a donor batt. Charging right now I seen something where it said to pull the IGN1 under the seat I did still the same result so I'm at Autozone now getting IGN1 relay up under the hood n PARK relay under the seat n START relay up under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

That's it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
4/11/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 2 years ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
This sounds like a ground failure, to me. A very common issue (and also very commonly overlooked) is the very short ground cable that goes from the RF inner fender to the engine, attaching near the alternator. It's hard to see, but if you have or had a broken front engine mount on this car, it's pretty hard on this little cable, and once it breaks, your car simply stops working. Reach down in that area and grab that cable, see if it's broken in two. If necessary, crawl under and put your eyes on it from underneath, so you can see where it attaches. The frayed end may be hard to see, too, at first glance you'll think it's fine, but closer inspection may reveal that there are only a couple strands of copper left holding it together.
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician