Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

Our shop just replaced all the lifters on a 2013 Cadillac

Customer Question

Our shop just replaced all the lifters on a 2013 Cadillac Escalade ESV 6.2L after our tech found #4 lifter was collapsed. Replaced all
The gaskets and seals of coarse and resurfaced the heads.
Customer has a very similar noise now a few weeks later. After diagnosis; found #6 lifter stuck down.
Can this just be a bad lifter?? All the lifters were just replaced so any suggestions on why this could be happening? Don't know if we want to tear this thing down again until we get some more information.
Thank you in advance!
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I get the proper information for your vehicle and check for bulletins? Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN# 1GYS4JEF5DR227521Thank you
There is a bulletin that states "Notice: If SI diagnosis or any of the steps above indicate that any AFM lifters are unlocking or collapsed as described above, follow the applicable notes below and replace the VLOM, all AFM lifters, and all plastic lifter guides." If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****