George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I have a problem with the blower motor on my 193 Cadillac

Customer Question

I have a problem with the blower motor on my 193 Cadillac Deville. It is the blower by the windshield which I assume must be for the climate control
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I drove 300 miles home and the motor from the heater would not shut off until it drained the battery
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

What is the year of your Cadillac? Model?

What is the problem with the blower?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1993 Deville. It won't shut off
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** fuse/relay rack to the passenger side of the motor and look for the blower transistor mounted on top of the blower case. That transistor has shorted if the blower runs with the key off.

Please look for any burning or melting of the large red wire, repair if necessary when you install the new part.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but I am unable to speak on the phone, please let me know how I can help you with this and we can continue here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would I find this? There is a black plastic thing by the windshield that looks like it has 4 relays coming out of it. Do you think you could send me a picture of the engine and where this relay is?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Sure, the fuse rack is above and to the passenger side of the motor, it is held with 1 - 2 bolts. Remove those, set the fuse/relay rack aside and you can unplug the transistor, remove the two fasteners and pull it up out of the case.

Click here for diagram

Click here for transistor #1 in diagram

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found it, but need to get some tools to get the bolt off. It's my dad's car and he is 300 miles away. I have a friend I can borrow the tools from, so it will take me awhile. Thank you for the diagrams.
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Great, please let me know if you have further questions I can help with

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

I will watch for your post or your rating

Thanks