ggrote1
ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  26 year GM master tech
19513769

2007 Cadillac dts. Shift indicator is stuck in drive and

Customer Question

2007 Cadillac dts. Shift indicator is stuck in drive and engine won't turn over.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

if you open the hood and on the drivers side top of the transmission can you find the shift cable and see if it popped off the little transmission lever ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's connected and moves the transmission in and out of gear. The indicator doesn't change.
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

the park neutral switch is inside of the transmission that tells the transmission module what gear it is in

this needs to be connected to a scan tool to see if first off the transmission module can communicate with the scan tool and if it does see on the data list if the transmission module is seeing the gear change from that internal switch assembly

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?