Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Theft deterrent system won't let me jump my 2007 SRX..very…

Customer Question
Theft deterrent system won't...

Theft deterrent system won't let me jump my 2007 SRX..very frustrating

Mechanic's Assistant: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Please help

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Jumping and battery charger over night

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Cadillac Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Our top Cadillac Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Cadillac Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Cadillac Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
3/18/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 2 years ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

So, the battery is dead, and you can't jump start it? Why do you say that the theft deterrent system is preventing it?

Said so on dash

OK, so you have a message. This theft deterrent system works by using a transponder in the key. Do you have a different key for this car that you can try?

Please tell me how to unlock it as soon as u can

You can't "unlock" the security system. If it's detecting a fault, it simply will not allow the car to start. We have to address the fault, if it has one.

Tried both

What led up to where you're at right now? Did the battery go dead, and then you had the theft deterrent issue? Or did you have a theft deterrent issue, and the battery went dead while trying to start it? Give me whatever background information you can on this, so I can figure out how we ended up here.

What about lock lock lock then??? On my key fob

There is no series of button presses or anything like that to get around a theft deterrent issue. If it were that simple, it wouldn't be a very good theft deterrent, right?

Wrong..popalock did it once a few years ago..don't remember after lock lock lock...so you don't have a clue and just took my $5
Give me my money back please

I submitted your question to customer service for a refund. Good luck with it.