Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

I have a 1998 cadillac deville, i boungth it runing, my son

Customer Question

I have a 1998 cadillac deville, i boungth it runing, my son relpace the engine, and now the dash board say,headligth suggested,starting disable, I wait the 3 min, and it goes back to the same, what can it be?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Make sure when the engine was replaced that everything was connected properly as this can cause an issue like this here.If this is all found to be o.k. with a fully charged battery try this relearn below and see if this corrects this fault here.

- turn the key to the "run position"
- wait 10 minutes
- turn the key to the "off" position
- turn the key to the "run position"
- wait 10 minutes
- turn the key to the "off" position
- turn the key to the "run position"
- wait 10 minutes
- turn the key to the "off" position

Then start the engine

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete