FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

My 2012 Cadillac srx was left in drive when we got home

Customer Question

my 2012 Cadillac srx was left in drive when we got home yesterday. I thought it ran battery down. We tried to jump start it and tried putting it on a charger but the dash lights will not go out so its not charging and will not start. its flashed battery saving on dash a couple of times. it will not start
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. If it was not in park and if the ignition was left on then the battery may have shorted internally or is may have cause corruption in the computer programming. I would load test the battery to see if it is holding at least 12.5 volts. If not then it may need to be recharged or replaced. If the battery is fine then disconnect the cables and touch them together. Then reinstall them to see if the programming will work itself out. It can also short the ignition switch when it is left on. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sure this is good advice but I was hoping for something I could do. My husband is not here right now to try it. Thanks
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Would you be able to unhook the battery? If not you can try holding the lock and unlock buttons on the remote together to see if that will help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but I cannot do any of this. Sorry to have bothered you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe I can get someone to try what you suggested sometime
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

If you get someone to try any of this let me know and I can assist you further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Any time. Have a great rest of your night and please rate when you can. Thank you.