Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

I have a 95 Cadillac sedan and the trunk will not pull down.

Customer Question

I have a 95 Cadillac sedan and the trunk will not pull down. How can I close the trunk all the way?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

You will need to replace the failed component, which is usually the pulldown motor itself. Until you do that, the trunk will remain partially open.

It may also be due to a broken switch, I can help you diagnose this, but more often than not, it's the motor that fails.

Did you get this worked out? Wanted to follow up and make sure you got what you needed from me.

Please remember to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated.