Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

L ***** ***** i have a no start on 2003 cadillac cts

Customer Question
L B ***** ***** i...
L B ***** ***** i have a no start on 2003 cadillac cts everything on with switch on but it all goes out when switch turned to start I have changed the starter relay because there is no click when trying to start can it be ign relay .
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Starter seems to be getting fire switch seems to be working security light goes out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
3/10/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try and shift to neutral and see if it will crank over and start then.If this does or does not work let me know and we will continue from here.You may have a faulty transmission range/neutral safety switch/position sensor at fault and this will help check this here.Let me know when your ready.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still no start

I apologize for the delay.

Do you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical with at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Did the vehicle stall out at all or just no start all of a sudden?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No start after changing battery

O.k.,in the under hood fuse panel locate the IGN 1 relay.Does this relay click when the key is first turned on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it clicks

O.k.,your vehicle may just be in security mode needing relearned since this occurred after changing out the battery.Try this relearn below and see if this corrects the fault here.Make sure you follow it exactly and if a step is missed you would need to start over with it.

30 Minute Relearn Procedure

1. With your key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.(do not try and crank it at all)

2. Observe the Security telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn off.

3. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes. Important: The vehicle learns the key transponder information and/or passwords on the ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

5. With your key start the vehicle.If this works then the vehicle will start.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The security light goes out now an have done the relearn procedure a few times didn't work

Locate the 30 amp starter fuse in the under hood fuse box and see if this fuse is blown.If found to be blown replace it and see if this corrects the fault here.If this is found to be o.k. let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No fuse looks ok

I apologize for the long delay.

O.k.,you will need a test light or multi meter to test electrical to see if we can pinpoint the fault here.One of the circuits isnt sending a signal which is causing this fault and a test light or multi meter will be needed to pinpoint and repair the cause here.If you can obtain one of these for testing let me know.If not this will need to be tested further by someone that does have one of these tools for testing unfortunately.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician