Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

06 Cadillac STS was running fine to the store came out

Customer Question
fifteen mins later and just...
06 Cadillac STS was running fine to the store came out fifteen mins later and just cranks, went back a while later and cranks and almost starts.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
3/7/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 1 year ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

The first thing I'd be checking is fuel pressure. Is this something you intend to fix yourself, or just looking for some ideas about what it might be?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This car doesn't have a fuel pressure regulator

No, not in the classic sense. It has a single fuel line that goes up to the engine, and the regulator is in the fuel pump assembly. My suspicion is that the fuel pump has failed, and a fuel pressure gauge would be necessary to test this. Is this something you intend to do yourself?

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician