Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Car is stuck in park. Cadillac STS 2007, Can't get out of

Customer Question

Hi car is stuck in park. Cadillac STS 2007
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Can't get out of park. Push brake down and no go
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm trying to get the car out of street
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: That's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Cadillac Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

This is usually caused by a bad brake switch or shift lock solenoid. Do the brake lights work?