Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Cadillac dts and I noticed on a few occasions…

Customer Question
I have a 2008 Cadillac...
I have a 2008 Cadillac dts and I noticed on a few occasions earlier the car hesitated during the while driving. After I parked the vehicle, a hour later I went to crank it and it chiled a cew.times and from there just turned bit would nit fire up. I found that my fuel pump relay is burnt aswell as the fuse box port that the fuel relay fits in. My question is does the fuse box and relay along with the fuel pump needa to be replaced. Im sure the box and the fuse relay does im sure bit the big question is the fuel pump.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
3/3/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the relay is burned as well as the fuse box I would start with replacing them and then I would inspect the harness from pump to the fuse panel to make sure there are no signs of shorting and if the harness looks okay then you may want to go ahead and replace the fuel pump to avoid any excessive draw from a bad pump.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician