Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****. My issue is that the Service Air Bag…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. My issue is that the Service Air Bag light come on yesterday in my 2006 DTS. I haven't had an accident, but was cleaning the interior and trunk. I took out the floor mats, vacuumed under the seats, and replaced the floor mats. I also vacuumed sand out of the trunk and the vacuum went under the cardboard on the left (driver) side of the trunk. When I turned the car on to park it in the garage, I noticed the "Service Air Bag" light was on. It hadn't been on before I began cleaning the car. I suspect I've loosened some wire, but am uncertain. Any easy things I can do to check and see if one of the wires is loose/disconnected?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I checked under both front seats and all wires seem to be connected.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/29/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, there isnt anything in the trunk area, but there is underneath the front seats. GM only has a diagram for under the driver seat but the passenger side is the same. I have uploaded the diagram. You will need to check that you have not knocked any connectors loose or broken any wiring.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager