Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I replaced the spark plugs and 3 coils, now it'll crank, but…

Customer Question
I replaced the spark...

I replaced the spark plugs and 3 coils, now it'll crank, but not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I don't think it's getting spark.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Putting old coils back in, still no start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?

It's an 08 cts 3.6 direct injection with 60k miles

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
2/29/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Can you remove a coil and plug then reassemble out of the engine to see if the grounded plug sparks while cranking? If not can you confirm the coil is powered with the key on? Next would be to confirm the PCM is getting a crank sensor signal using a scan tool.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician