Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The battery drain fast is there a recall on cadiallac

Customer Question
The battery drain...

The battery drain fast is there a recall for this on cadiallac escalade 2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Cadillac Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

It drain in a matter of hrs radio will not work speed odo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

It I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?

190000 miles

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
2/29/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
tripletauto
tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician

Did the radio ad speedometer quit at the same time? remove the radio fuse and see if drain goes away.

the best way to find the cause of a draw is to install an amp meter in line of the positive battery caable and see how much of a drain there is. you would need to wait for a few minutes for modules to go to sleep. then pull fuses one at a time and see which circuit is causing drain. I have seen several radios cause a drain so I would start with that fuse.

The speed quit working first
We did the. Fuses on the negative side is there a recall on this problem

There is not a recall on an 03 for this. Some of the newer ones had a recall for a drain.