sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2005 Cadillac escalate that will lose power when I

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Cadillac escalate that will lose power when I am driving and the stability light will come on I can stop wait about 2 minute start car up and it will run fine until it do the same thing again it can happen 2 mile down the road or 200 mile before it happen again can anyone help me out. Thanks
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

lets try something simple here..

remove the intakes air duct[resonator] and clean the inside of the throttle body with carb cleaner,sometimes the throttle body can get dirty with black soot and cause this problem

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but that did not help the problem. Still doing the same thing.

ok,,please stand by,someone will be right with you

thanks

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a code reader or scant ool to see what fault codes are setting. Do you know what codes are setting when this happens?