Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I drive a 2005 cadillac cts my car starts but it's stuck in…

Customer Question
Hello I drive a...

Hello I drive a 2005 cadillac cts my car starts but it's stuck in park I'm locked in the car and the inside lights won't come on and Windows won't roll down

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The car starts but won't switch gear out of park. I'm locked inside the car because I can't unlock it the windows won't roll.down and the radio heat inside lights aren't turning on. Do you have any idea what this is? And my key is stuck in the ignition

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
2/27/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. It sounds like you have a bad ignition switch. These fail all of the time on this vehicle. When they do they can cut off the power to various systems causing things like this to occur. You should be able to manually unlock the vehicle to get it open. It can also be a fuse box issue, but that is not as common. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

It has done this before and i got it out of park after a little while, but I'must stuck right now is there anything i can do right now to get it into gear? The car does start. Yeah I wasn't thinking about manually opening the doors. I just panicked lol

You can try turning the key off and then try moving the shifter. If it still does not work then there is no power to the shift lock solenoid which is going to keep it from moving.