Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Blend door actuator isn't working on 2008 Cadillac SRX. My

Customer Question

Blend door actuator isn't working on 2008 Cadillac SRX. My husband oiled the door and it appeared to work properly. However I now am wondering if there's a computer reset that needs to take place for it to recognize any fix
JA: Nice car. The Cadillac Mechanic can help you with your '08 SRX. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes - it's the cheapest!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The actuator door appeared to be stuck so my husband "oiled" the sticking part and it worked fine between hot and cold. However my controls don't recognize that.
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Cadillac Mechanic now?
Customer: sure
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The Blend door actuator can be Re- Calibrated but it will require a scan tool to do it. See the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. If you do not have access to the scan tool this can be done by most any automotive repair shop as well as your dealer. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cal%20Feb%2024.pdf