Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I need to replace the ignition lock cylinder on my 2001

Customer Question
Hello, I need to replace the...
I need to replace the ignition lock cylinder on my 2001 Cadillac Deville DTS. The ignition switch itself is fine. What is the procedure to replace just the lock cylinder? I have a new one that has been keyed to my chip key already.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
2/22/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** are replacement instructions, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwb5cgxa7mh1d9l/lc2%20-%20Copy.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ied0j9s3kh3so9x/lc2%20-%20Copy%20%282%29.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Hi Dan,

So these instructions are for the lock cylinder or for the ignition switch? I'm just confirming because I though the cylinder itself was held in by a tab that you could push in and pop the cylinder out. The switch itself is fine.

I accidentally gave you 2nd half of instructions twice, here is first part. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldkvcfglgp8jgp6/lc1%20-%20Copy%20%282%29.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Great thanks Dan...Thought I could get away with not removing the steering wheel but GM did a great job at discouraging DIY mechanics from working on these devilles. Last question do you know a brand of steering wheel puller I can use on this car that won't destroy the actual steering wheel?

The universal pullers will work fine, it is fairly hard to damage the steering wheel doing this. Let me know if you have more question, thanks.

Dan, Technician