Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 Cadillac sts. Battery was checked, cleaned both side…

Customer Question
2005 Cadillac sts. Battery was...
2005 Cadillac sts. Battery was checked, cleaned both side mounts sanded. Push button start. System recognizes name with my fob or her name with hers. Display reads push on brake pedal and push start button..... Everything goes black upon pushing start button .after 10 sec. Everything lights up again , lock light blinks on dash will not unlock ignition to allow to start..any ideas
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
Car only has 70,000 miles , in excellent shape, I had put it in garage a few months ago covered up. Have not changed or added parts , just went out to run it for a few minutes and this happened, never no problem before
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/16/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. This is a common issue on this vehicle. Do you have a voltage meter to run some tests?