Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an electrical problem with my 2008 STS. I replaced…

Customer Question
I have an electrical...

I have an electrical problem with my 2008 STS. I replaced the radio, and now have the following systems not working:

Mechanic's Assistant: No, I use streaming services like Pandora.

Turn signals, sunroof, trunk opener, interior lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Turn signals, sunroof, trunk opener, interior lights do not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Checked the fuses, all OK, and all have 12V

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?

I have removed the radio for an upgrade

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
2/15/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Cadillac Technician replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Cadillac Technician

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
You need to post the Brand & Model / Part Number of the New Radio installed.
IF Factory Radio, are you sure it is "correct Part Number" for your 2008 STS?
IF Factory Radio, have you had GM Dealer Test?

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician