Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I did this yeasterday with you and you never even addressed…

Customer Question
I did this yeasterday...

I did this yeasterday with you and you never even addressed the question I asked

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Blower motor fail, connected new blower motor did not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

New blower motor connected which did not turn on. The problem occurred with a loud pop that was felt in the accellaratior pedal (as my foot was there) and an electrical burn smell. tha AC compressor will cycle as normal so at least part of the ACM is functional. Is there a fuseable link or relay on or near the firewall either in the engine compartment or in the cabin near the firewall?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
2/14/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago
Joe Prestia

We need more information in order to be able to help you. I'm not sure I can get you all the way through this diag over the internet but lets give it a shot. If not hopefully someone else will step in. Lets start with the Year and model cadillac we're working on?

1996 deville
Cadillac Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago

There is a 50 amp fuse in the left hand fuse block Located near the left side strut tower under the hood. Check that first. Then report back.

Cadillac Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago

Also sniff the control head (the part with the display and buttons) and check the Heater/a/c Programmer I believe its located behind passenger front kick panel. See if they smell burnt. I can't think of any reason why you would have felt it in the Accelerator Pedal unless the 50 amp fuse under the hood went off like a fire cracker! Good Luck!

The 50 amp maxi fuse located in the maxi fuse control panel is fine also replaced the inadvertent relay that didn't help either. I had already looked under the passenger and driver side kick panels and saw no evidence of any burnt areas. Can you describe what the heater AC programmer looks like.
Cadillac Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago

Small silver box in the orange highlighted area. It will be fastened to the bracket that is also in the highlighted area. I'm not sure if this diagram is true to location and I don't have the location list in front of me so please take that with a grain of salt.

Okay I found the part I disconnected the harnesses and pulled it out, there is no evidence of burning on the wires or the box and no burnt smell associated with it now what, can the controlled be tested?
Cadillac Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago

Possibly but it would likely need a factory scan tool if so. I'm not quite sure where to go from here so I'll step back and let one of the other experts take over. Someone should be along shortly!

Thanks for your help, this is a tough one
Cadillac Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks for the chance to help! If you found that information helpful please be sure to leave a positive rating! Good luck!

Joe Prestia
Joe Prestia
Joe Prestia