cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I took my car to get it detailed and they washe the

Customer Question

I took my car to get it detailed and they washe the undercarriage. The car had the engine light when I left and it's still on. The car is a 2011 CTS Coupe
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

stop by a parts store get the engine code that it is giving without the code i cant tell you what the problem is

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow, 26 bucks for this response. I was hoping that you could have given your best guess of what happened after the wash; whether the light would go out on its own; maybe something electrical got wet.....
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

once the light it is triggered its going to stay on to you clear it yes i assume something got wet during the wash that set off the code you can reset the system by unhooking the battery witch may clear the code if the water didnt damage anything if it did it will not reset the code and you will have to find out what code you are getting