Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I took my car to get it detailed and they washe the

Customer Question
undercarriage. The car had...
I took my car to get it detailed and they washe the undercarriage. The car had the engine light when I left and it's still on. The car is a 2011 CTS Coupe
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
2/13/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

stop by a parts store get the engine code that it is giving without the code i cant tell you what the problem is

Wow, 26 bucks for this response. I was hoping that you could have given your best guess of what happened after the wash; whether the light would go out on its own; maybe something electrical got wet.....

once the light it is triggered its going to stay on to you clear it yes i assume something got wet during the wash that set off the code you can reset the system by unhooking the battery witch may clear the code if the water didnt damage anything if it did it will not reset the code and you will have to find out what code you are getting