George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

My outside tenp is reading 117 degrease
, the

Customer Question

my outside tenp is reading 117 degrease
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the temperature outside is 10 degreese and my indicater is reading 117. do i and how do I replace the sensor?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely the Ambient Temperature Sensor is at fault. Let me know the year and model of this Caddy and I'll see what all information I have.

Let me know
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Cadilac Deville 2005, as I said i'm a novice and just trying to save some money.
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

That's cool. Let me see wht all I can find on this issue.

Thanks

Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

The Ambient Temperature Sensor (ATS) is located behind the front grill at the center of the radiator support, by the hood latch. The ATS is a 2 wire sensor and the resistance can be checked with an ohm meter. At 10°F the resistance should be 5.5 to 6Ω. The service procedure is in the link below.

ATS Service & Repair

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

I found a better image for the ATS Location.

Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. You really should stay with the original question. The Ambient Air Temperature Sensor doesn't have an acronym or abbreviation. I sent you information on testing and replacing the ambient air temperature sensor. If you would like I will opt out of this question and let someone else help.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner.
Thanks.

Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Different expert here,

Do you still need help with your temperature issue?