Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Changed battery in my XLR now it will not start

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
1/26/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Is your security light on with the key on?

When I try to start the car it says key fob not recognized it recognize the key fob before I change the battery

I suspect that the fob is getting weak. It will at minimum need to be programmed and possibly replaced.

Try placing it in the pocket in the glove box and see if it will start?

Thanks, ***** *****

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.