Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Changed battery in my XLR now it will not start

Customer Question

Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Is your security light on with the key on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I try to start the car it says key fob not recognized it recognize the key fob before I change the battery
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

I suspect that the fob is getting weak. It will at minimum need to be programmed and possibly replaced.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Try placing it in the pocket in the glove box and see if it will start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.