Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am not sure how I got to a Cadillac car. My car is a 2006…

Customer Question
I am not sure...

I am not sure how I got to a Cadillac car. My car is a 2006 Maxima Nissan, my TCS switch is turned off (I did not turn it off) and it also says slip on my dash. do you have any idea how to turn it on? I have pushed the button and it will not go off

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

When I went to work the other day it seemed like my car had no power, I looked at the dash and that TCS light said that the TCS is off and the word slip is right beside it. I did not turn the TCS off so I do not know why it is showing the way it is.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes, I can wait

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
1/22/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases if the TCS switch will not turn on and or off this means there is a problem with the Traction control system and that would also cause the slip message to display. In order to determine what is causing this the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes that should be setting retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the fault code and or codes, I can advise from there.