Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2002 cadillac escalade ext is not accelerating and the…

Customer Question
My 2002 cadillac escalade ext...
My 2002 cadillac escalade ext is not accelerating and the stabiltrack light is on
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
1/20/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic

Hi there, I am Cam. I am sorry to hear your having issues.

Can I get your first name?

With your Ext, if you push the Traction disable light, does it accelerate fine?
This sounds like a weak ABS sensor. When it gets weak, it can send a signal that mimics the signal of a tire going a different speed so it makes the traction activate. This will not usually set an ABS light since the sensors is still physically intact and the resistance is to spec, but since it drops off, this is the result. The way to find it is watch the valving on a scan tool and see which are activating. Things like chaffed wiring to the sensor, play in the wheel bearing or rust under the mount of the sensor will cause the sensor to lift out, creating an air gap and causing this issue.
I suggest checking the wheel bearings. Lift the front end and grab the tire at the top and the bottom. Push and pull on the top and bottom of the time and see if you can feel any movement other than the flex of the tire. Also try turning the tire. You may year the noise if the bearing is bad enough. If you find something, replace the wheel bearing assembly.

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic