Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 Cadillac Seville. I just started driving the…

Customer Question
I have a 2001 Cadillac...
I have a 2001 Cadillac Seville. I just started driving the car last night after sitting idle for a while. The car drove fine for about 30minutes. After stopping and starting after leaving several stores I got in the car, it started fine however when I depressed the accelerator the car would barely move. I made it home, but this morning the same thing. The car will eventually get up to 25 MPH but no acceleration. Any ideas.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
1/19/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question,

Is the check engine light coming on?

its on but was on before the problem occurred

It would be very helpful if you could have the system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that are setting and in the mean time when was the last time you changed the fuel filter?

OK Ron Thanks for the info, I will get that done next. I received this car from MOMs estate so I am not sure when it was changed but she was a fanatic about keeping up with the service on the vehicle.

I would do the filter since you do not know when it was lasted changed and you should also have the fuel pressure checked after the replacement to make sure its with in specs. Give this a try and post back if that dose not resolve the problem and we can work from there. One other thing, most auto parts store such as Auto Zone will do a system scan for you at no charge. If the filter dose not resolve the lack of power then get the scan done and we can work from there.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.