Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** I have a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** I have a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. The heat works fine except it barely blows on the floor. So the upper half of me is sweating and my feet freeze.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The heater mixing is all done automatically on this model. I think there are sensors and actuators which arent working properly\

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

I can wait a bit

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/19/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Clayso, Master Automobile Technician replied 2 years ago
Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely there is no or low vacuum supply to the control head. When there is no vacuum supply to the control head the system kind of defaults to vent with low flow to the floor. Under the hood there should be a vacuum reservoir, it should have a black vacuum hose and a violet hose. Verify there is vacuum to and from the reservoir with the engine running. Also with the engine running listen inside of the vehicle for vacuum leaking from under the dash. You can also check for HVAC trouble codes by pressing fan up and fan down at the same time for 5 seconds. Then push the Auto button. Codes are numbered 00 thru 10. "00" indicates no codes. Let me know what all you find.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Clayso
Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician