Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I t a rock which t under the car and it shut down and won't

Customer Question
I hit a rock which...
I hit a rock which hit under the car and it shut down and won't start. 95 cadillac deville what's wrong?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/19/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 1 year ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

We talking a large rock and a lot of noise? A piece of gravel?

Did the car die instantly when you hit this rock?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The rock was about 3 inches and I tried to avoid in but the tire must have caught the edge of it and sent it like a shotgun under the car and it quit running. It wouldn't run after that.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I sent an offer for a phone call. Once you accept provide me with your phone number and I will call you. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can't afford another $20 will just type. Thank you

OK. Did the car die instantly?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
then wouldn't start

Does it crank?

Have you checked the oil?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
before I left that morning. The car ran fine until the rock hit and died. Will crank but not start. There wasn't any noise other than the rock hitting. Thought it hit something and knocked something off so went back and checked and nothing there.

The car ran before you left that morning.

Did you check the oil when it wasnt running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could it have hit the gas tank and broke something inside it? No not after the rock, just had it towed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Was told it could be a crankshaft sensor but Cadillac said the 95 didn't have one.

The only thing it could have done to the gas tank is put a hole in it which would have taken it a minute or two to die.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It lost no gas at all or oil. At least not on the road. Sill has a full tank of gas.

Then I think its safe to say it doesnt have a hole in the gas tank. Wouldnt you agree?

Does it have spark?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wouldn't it not crank if it didn't have spark.

It will crank. It just wont start.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't know the car isn't here with me at this time.

OK. Well with that we are probably as far as we can go here. I have no idea what the rock could have hit or done without knowing why the car wont start. If you arent able to do any testing anything I give you would be a guess and possibly wasting your money and I dont want to get involved in that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if I find out if it has a spark will you still help me.

Of course. We just need the vehicle to be able to test so we can get you a guaranteed answer rather than taking guesses and "throwing parts at it". Once you can do some testing just reply to this same question starting with the results of the spark test and we can move on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.

No problem. I will be standing by when you get it checked.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If the fuel pump comes on and no fuel comes out could that be the problem?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The guy that has the car said that the fuel pump comes on but no fuel leaves the tank. Could it have hit the tank hard enough to break something on the fuel pump?

I doubt it. What does he mean no fuel leaves the tank?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No fuel is being sent to the engine.

How is he determining that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He can hear the fuel pump working but no fuel pressure at filter.

How is he checking that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The injectors have to have pressure to provide fuel for start up and there is no pressure.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you think? Could something have come undone or broke off the fuel pump?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I get my money back if you can't help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You are a Cadillac mechanic and specialize on Cadillacs he work on all brands. He said we have to drop fuel tank that is where the problem is. Hoping you could help with your knowledge and expertise?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want your free trial and my account had better not be hit for 26 a month.

Are you there? My question still has not been answered

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
However you check injectors for pressure. Does the car need to run to check that out ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He has gauges he works on cars.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you going to answer or does it take 20 minutes?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have asked you 9 questions which you have not responded to, and I paid good money for you to help me.

Im gonna opt out and let another expert help you.

Cadillac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago
Reggie Whiddon

Hello I am Reggie and will try to help you. If you are hearing the pump running but are getting no fuel, does he have a line off or is he checking pressure? If you have confirmed this then yes dropping the tank is the next step, its possible the blow from the rock dislodged the pump from its mount, if you look at the bottom of the tank do you see any indication as to it being hit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
your website is a rip off of peoples good hard earned money. The other guy Wayne Crawford would not even try to help me trouble shot my problem. He would not respond to any of my questions. So I am not interested in any thing you have to say.
Cadillac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

Well sir I am sorry you have had a bad experience. All I can say is I am here and Wil make sure you get the help u need. If you change your mind.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for refunding my money.
Cadillac Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

I have nothing to do with that sir, but remind you if you change your mind im here to help you

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician