Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

The anti theft prompt pops up on the radio and the radio go

Customer Question

The anti theft prompt pops up on the radio and the radio go blank and off
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the radio has never been replaced and the radio has operated properly up to this point here what will cause this issue is a loss of power or ground to the radio itself or the radio itself having an internal electrical fault needing removed and repaired by an authorized repair facility or removed and replaced.What will need to be done from here is when the radio is inoperable the power and ground signals will need tested at the radio to see if this is a loss of power or ground and if all powers and grounds are present then the radio will need repaired or replaced to correct this fault here.If you need info on how to test this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete