Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I had my 2003 Cadillac cts motor changed out first it was

Customer Question
running fine now 3 weeks...
I had my 2003 Cadillac cts motor changed out first it was running fine now 3 weeks later it won't start at all when I put odb2 reader on it says p1626 theft deterrent system hasn't sent the ecm the right code within one second please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
1/10/2016
Cadillac Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Have you tried a relearn?

I have attached a manual relearn process. Lets try this first

I did the relearn process where u turn the key to the on position for 10 minutes and off for 30 seconds 3 times
I also checked all the fuses I put a new ignition in also with the original key I got the depth codes from Cadillac and still nothing happened

If you replaced the ignition switch it is going to require programming equipment to do the reset. the manual process only works when you haven't changed any components

I changed the ECU/ECM checked the starter and battery and the code keeps coming up along with another code .. Rough road sensor code

did you have the ecm programmed?

No I used the same ECM from the old motor how would I have it programmed
My mechanic has tried everything possible it was working fine then it just stopped turning over
I just figured it was starting fine before I had done any changes to the ignition and it just stopped starting

I am confused. You said you changed the ecu and then said you used old one. Is the ecm in the car from the car?

The P1626 is a theft code.

What all have you done?

I had a spare ECU that I tried but didnt work and then I have the original one that was on the other motor I changed out of the car and I put both of them on the new motor and they both read the same thing codes p1626 and the rough road one .
I changed the ignition out because in the process of trying to figure out what was wrong with the car the ignition was damaged we changed it but used the same original key for the car and it still doesn't start that's all I had done and my mechanic checked all the fuses to see if any of them where blown and they were all good we even tried to jump the starter relay and the car would try to turn over but wouldn't stay running
Hope that makes more sense
Also he changed the crankshaft position sensor
I even tried clearing the codes and the same ones still came up after i cleared them
Do you think I could need a new theft deterrent system?/

How was the ignition damaged? Is it a stolen recovery?

You could need a theft deterrent module. More likely you need to have a theft learn done with a programmer.

The rough road is a bad connection from the ecm to the EBCM. Maybe a connector was unplugged for the engine swap and not properly seated.

Tool Hut
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician