FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Just replaced Crank sensors on a 2002 Cadillac DTS and it

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****,just replaced Crank sensors on a 2002 Cadillac DTS and it wont start.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Th e car was intermitantly stalling every once in awhile with no codes read online about crank shaft sensor issues so I replaced them sense the dealer could not fiqure it out.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
put old crank sensors back in fired right up? guess I will get the new ones checked.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. When you replace the sensor it needs to go through a relearn procedure in order for the computer to properly read it. This can only be done with the right computer scan tool. I hope this helps. If you need more assistance please let me know.