Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Bill, My Red Brake light is on solid and the parking brake

Customer Question

HI Bill, My Red Brake light is on solid and the parking brake is off. The Stability system yellow light is ON solid too. The screen says "Service Stabitrak" and Service Traction Control. Any ideas? The wheel Hubs on both sides were replaced 18 months ago. The ABS light has never been on
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Do you know which trouble codes are stored?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No....

We can do some diag without a scan tool to find out what is not to blame. Can you do electrical diag with a multimeter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a meter at my office and I can do that tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I added two pictures of the dash

Thanks, ***** ***** info now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The brake light comes on too and it says "service brake system"

At the brake fluid reservoir, probe the back of the connector. OHM test the purple wire, it should not have continuity to ground. Do the same at the parking brake switch light blue wire. If both pass then your concern is the ABS system detecting a fault. This is where the codes stored will be needed to see if there is a wheel speed sensor reading issue or sensor failure.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.