George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

My 2001DeVille overheats. It does not show any leaks. I keep

Customer Question

My 2001DeVille overheats. It does not show any leaks. I keep putting coolant in but I keep losing it somehow. It runs good until the gauge and warning lights start showing overheat. New thermostat new cooling fan relays new reservoir cap fresh oil. Warning lights say change oil? I drive it home over 50 miles in this condition without it stopping or blowing up. The radiator and engine didn't seem overheated. What is up please!
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

You have the Northstar problem that almost everyone that owns one from these years runs into.

The head gaskets leak due to the head bolts pulling out from the block with the heat cycles of the engine causing the coolant loss and overheating.

The only remedy is to rebuild or replace the engine. Sorry but it is the truth, please let me know how I can help you with this

\

Thank you